Monday, March 20, 2023

Rare But Nice

Gotta say, it’s refreshing to see barricades being put up to prevent right-wing violence against law enforcement and public institutions. I usually only see those kinds of measures being employed when a cop is about to be acquitted of murdering an innocent Black person.

I don’t know if Donnie Boy is going to be indicted tomorrow, although obviously I hope he is, and also in Georgia and also anywhere else they can get his hands on him. I also very much want to see the Patriot Moat the usual gang of idiots are discussing down in Mar A Lago because that’ll be hilarious.

Obviously, as we’ve seen, the odds of a few well-heeled assholes committing acts of domestic terrorism and hurting people are higher than they should be, and the odds of them forming any kind of coherent force that accomplishes more than smearing shit on society’s collective walls is way lower than they think it is. Much like with Jan 6, they are simultaneously dangerous and ineffective, to the point where you don’t want them to try some shit, but you kinda want ‘em to try some shit. 

1 comment:

  1. Joshua David VaughanApril 22, 2023 at 10:30 PM

    I’m currently working at a market for a local creamery. That day was an extremely slow day, so my coworker and I watched the news hoping to see Donnie Boy get the perp walk he deserved.

    It should have come sooner for many other reasons, but I was still happy to finally see it happen.

    ReplyDelete

Don’t make me regret turning this on.